Applications Are Now Closed
Habitat for Humanity offers low-income families the opportunity to own a home. Becoming a Habitat homeowner requires commitment, responsibility and deep involvement. We are currently accepting applications for a 5-Bedroom townhome. You can see a video tour of this home below. Minimum family size for this unit is 6 household members. Please review all of the information below, including income limits to see if you may qualify. If you feel you may qualify, submit the pre-application and one of our housing specialists will be in touch with you to discuss next steps in the application process.
In order to partner with us, you must meet the following preliminary criteria:
You must be a first-time homeowner.
You must be a Legal Permanent Resident of the United States.
You must have lived or worked in our county for at least 12 months. Affiliates for other areas can be found at habitat.org.
Your yearly income must fall within our income guidelines, which are adjusted for family size. Income includes wages, Social Security, disability, SSI, TANF and child support.
- You must have one year of continuous income.
- You must have a reasonably good credit history. It must be at least 18 months since you discharged any bankruptcies, and you must be making payments on your debts.
- You must have a need for housing because your current housing is unaffordable, unsafe, or overcrowded.
- You must be willing to meet the savings requirements for closing costs.
- You must partner with Habitat for Humanity and contribute "sweat equity," helping to build your home as well as other families' homes, and attend educational workshops. All families must complete a total of 350 hours.