Requirements and Qualifications
- You must be a first-time homeowner.
- You must be a Legal Permanent Resident of the United States.
- You must have lived or worked in Warren County for at least 12 months. Affiliates for other areas can be found at habitat.org.
- Your yearly income must fall within our income guidelines, which are adjusted for family size. Income includes wages, Social Security, disability, SSI, TANF and child support.
- You must have proof of one year of continuous income.
- You must have a reasonably good credit history. It must be at least 18 months since you discharged any bankruptcies, and you must be making regular, on-time payments on your debts.
- You must have a need for housing because your current housing is unaffordable, unsafe, or overcrowded.
- You must be willing to meet the savings requirements for closing costs.
- You must partner with Habitat for Humanity and contribute "sweat equity," helping to build your home as well as other families' homes, and attend educational workshops. All families must complete a total of 350 hours.